With endless textures, styles, and patterns to choose from, carpets are a unique way to display your style and personality in an office setting. But did you know that carpets can collect enough dust, hair, and skin cells to become 4 times their original weight in between cleanings? Even if you do not have environmental allergies, a dirty carpet can pose a serious health risk to otherwise healthy people.
Here are 5 facts that everyone should know about their carpet:
- Carpet is capable of trapping pollutants like pesticides, mold spores, and bacteria in its fibers.
- The virus responsible for the stomach flu, known as the norovirus, can live in the fibers of your carpet for up to a month without a host. Gross!
- It has been shown that over 43 million tons of dust falls across the U.S. every year. The air inside a home or office typically contains twice the dust of the air outside, which equates to about a million microscopic dust particles for every cubic inch of air.
- Most carpets are about 4000 times dirtier than their toilet seats, and about 7 times dirtier than a city street.
- When maintained properly and cleaned by a professional cleaning service, carpet can actually have a positive impact on the quality of air in your office or home. People typically do not clean their carpets properly though, and this can exacerbate allergies.
In an office setting, more people means more foot traffic, and therefore your carpet needs to be cleaned more often. To extend the life of your carpet, and to improve the quality and cleanliness of air in your office, it is important to have it professionally cleaned every 6 months to a year. If it has been a while since you have had your carpet cleaned, let BES Cleaning help you impress every one of your guests from the moment they step foot into your facility. With BES Cleaning, you can expect to get exceptional services at rates that reflect our honest commitment to excellence. Call us today at 843.873.6263 to schedule an appointment to have your office carpet brought back to life!